One question that crops up time and again in design companies is 'What do we own?'.
Many creative companies have in the past followed the 'work for hire' principle which leaves you owning very little, and the client owning the rest.
With changes to the law that came into effect in 2014, the design industry now retains ownership of the design work they create. It's the perfect time to build your understanding of what this means for your business, and how you can drive further revenue streams from what you already own.
At this half-day Design Business Association workshop with IP innovator Erica Wolfe-Murray you'll receive a snappy introduction to IP, before working through a range of useful tools to help you recognise your assets, and how to retain and monetise them.
You'll leave with a clear understanding of:
- The assets that can be found in your business.
- A variety of ways to protect and monetise your assets.
- The different approaches to revenue generation.
- How to change your company thinking to ensure IP is harnessed and developed in the future.
- A toolkit you can use to help explore the opportunities for individual assets more thoroughly.
You'll be surprised at the opportunities there are for your business when understand IP better, including charging more. Find out how to make the work you do work harder for your business.